Cebu Pacific vice president for Marketing and Customer Experience Candice Iyog (left) and Tourism secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat for the launch of the Philippine Shopping Festival, an initiative to spur domestic tourism and spending to alleviate the impact of COVID-19 on tourist arrivals
Cebu Pacific vice president for Marketing and Customer Experience Candice Iyog (left) and Tourism secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat for the launch of the Philippine Shopping Festival, an initiative to spur domestic tourism and spending to alleviate the impact of COVID-19 on tourist arrivals

Low-cost carrier Cebu Pacific is expanding its capacity while reducing year-round low fares to more than 70 local destinations in support of the Philippine government’s initiatives to spur domestic tourism and alleviate the adverse impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on travel.

Cebu Pacific said it ramped up capacity across key domestic routes by an average of 44%. Seats were increased across flights between Manila, Cagayan de Oro, Davao, Cebu, Puerto Princesa, Iloilo and Bacolod; as well as between Cebu, Cagayan de Oro, Bacolod and Iloilo. Capacity increase will be implemented either through an upgrade to larger-capacity aircraft or additional flights.

Starting February 19, year-round low fares of Cebu Pacific will sell for as low as P88 (base fare)—even for travel within the next few days. Routes with reduced fares include those originating from Manila, Cebu, Cagayan de Oro (Laguindingan), Davao, Iloilo and Zamboanga.

This is on top of promotional seat sales for key destinations the carrier has been running since late last month.

“We are one with the government and fellow tourism stakeholders during this challenging time. Through this increase in the supply of seats and fare reductions across our domestic route network, we hope to encourage Philippine residents to travel and explore the country,” Cebu Pacific vice president for marketing and customer experience Candice Iyog said in a statement.

The Department of Tourism (DOT) has been coordinating with airlines, hotels, resorts and other tourism stakeholders to come up with measures “to arrest and to cushion” the slowdown in tourist arrivals due to the risks from COVID-19.

These initiatives include airline seat sales and packaged promotional vacations. The DOT is also launching the first ever nationwide “Philippine Shopping Festival” to showcase the country as a prime retail destination for unique finds, diversity of brands and shopping experience.

The Philippine government has been implementing a travel ban on China, Hong Kong and Macau to prevent the further entry of COVID-19—first detected in China and now spreading globally—into the country.

Photo courtesy of Cebu Pacific

You May Also Like

PEZA approves 71.5% more investments in Jan-Aug 2025

The Philippine Economic Zone Authority approved 71.54% more investments in the first…

Cebu Pacific moves more turboprop planes to Clark airport

Cebu Pacific is transferring more turboprop aircraft operations from Ninoy Aquino International…
Yusen Logistics, ACEN forge renewable energy partnership

Yusen Logistics, ACEN forge renewable energy partnership

Yusen Logistics Philippines entered into a strategic partnership with renewable energy provider…
PortCalls August 27, 2025

PortCalls August 27, 2025

Our latest stories (Aug 27): International air freight forwarders in PH process…