• The Bureau of Customs seized an estimated P1.4 billion worth of luxury vehicles from warehouses in Pasay City and Parañaque City in a major operation on February 13
• The vehicles were found in warehouses owned by AC Che Gong Miao (Pasay City) and TopCar Specialist and Trading Corp. (Parañaque City)
• Confiscated brands include Ferrari, Lamborghini, Rolls-Royce, Maybach, Maserati, Mercedes-Benz, Bentley, McLaren, and Range Rover
• BOC acted on a tip about luxury vehicles being sold online without proper duties and taxes
The Bureau of Customs (BOC) seized an estimated P1.4 billion worth of luxury vehicles from warehouses in Pasay and Parañaque cities on February 13.
The high-end cars—including Ferrari LaFerrari, Lamborghini McLaren, Maserati, Rolls-Royce, Mercedes-Benz, Maybach, Range Rover, Bentley, Alphard, and Jeep Wrangler were discovered in facilities operated by AC Che Gong Miao in Pasay, the BOC said in a statement.
In Parañaque, authorities found Rolls-Royce Cullinan, Ferrari SF90 Stradale and Mansory, Mercedes-Benz V-Class, Maybach, and BMW at the TopCar Specialist and Trading Corp.
The operation was initiated by the Customs Intelligence and Investigation Service (CIIS) after receiving reports and images of allegedly smuggled vehicles being sold online. Acting on the tip, the agency moved to verify the legitimacy of the imports and determine whether the proper duties and taxes had been paid.
CIIS director Verne Enciso said his team served letters of authority and mission orders to the sellers’ representatives.
The final list of confiscated vehicles will be confirmed after inventory.
Following the raid, the BOC sealed the warehouses and stationed personnel to secure the premises.
The owners, lessees, lessors, and other responsible parties have been given 15 days to present documentation proving that the proper duties and taxes were paid. If they fail to do so, they will face charges for violating Sections 1400 and 1401, in relation to Section 1113 of Republic Act 10863, also known as the Customs Modernization and Tariff Act.
“This operation signals a new approach in the BOC’s operational strategies in going after smugglers and ensuring collection of rightful revenues due the government. It sends a message to all importers who think they’re already safe after their products have entered Philippine territory through illegal forms and means. We want them to know that we have eyes everywhere. We are not stopping, and we are not slowing down. We’re always one step ahead of them,” Customs commissioner Bienvenido Rubio said.
Deputy commissioner for Intelligence Group Juvymax Uy commended the operation but emphasized more efforts are needed to ensure strict compliance with customs laws and collection of rightful duties and taxes due the government.