-
Newly-appointed officials of the Department of Transportation and its attached agency, Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines, took their oath of office before Transport Secretary Vivencio Dizon on February 26 and 27
-
Some of the new officials served during the time of former Secretary Arthur Tugade
-
Dizon earlier said he will be bringing back former transport officials so they don’t have to learn the ropes with only three years remaining in the current administration
Newly-appointed officials of the Department of Transportation (DOTr) and its attached agency, Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP), took their oath of office before Transport Secretary Vivencio “Vince” Dizon on February 26 and 27.
The new appointments include the following:
- Atty. Giovanni Z. Lopez, undersecretary for administration, finance, and procurement
- Atty. Mark Steven C. Pastor, undersecretary for road transport and infrastructure
- Jim C. Sydiongco, undersecretary for aviation and airports
- Ramon G. Reyes, undersecretary for road transport and non-infrastructure
- Teodorico Jose R. Delfin, undersecretary for planning and project development
- Dioscoro T. Reyes, assistant secretary for road transport and non-infrastructure
- Villamor Ventura S. Plan, assistant secretary for maritime
- Raul L. Del Rosario, acting director general and acting member of the Board of Directors of CAAP
Lopez is returning to his previous post, which he held during the time of former Transport Secretary Arthur Tugade, under whom he was also the chief-of-staff.
Pastor was previously also undersecretary for road transport and infrastructure until he resigned from his post in 2023. In addition, he was assistant secretary for road transport and infrastructure during the time of Tugade.
Sydiongco was previously director general of CAAP during Tugade’s term. Del Rosario was appointed head of the Office of Transportation Security in 2019.
Dizon, who was sworn into office on February 21, earlier said he will be bringing back former transport officials so they don’t have to learn the ropes with only three years remaining in the current administration.
In a memo dated February 24, Dizon ordered all incumbent undersecretaries, assistant secretaries, and directors of DOTr to submit their unqualified courtesy resignations by February 26.
The directive states that the measure aims to give Dizon a “free hand” to execute the mandate entrusted to him by President Ferdinand Marcos, Jr.
Dizon replaced Jaime Bautista who resigned for health reasons.