The Philippine Department of Transportation (DOTr) has moved the deadline for the submission of bids to the P552.867-million airport development project at Sangley Point.

The deadline for the submission and opening of bids has been moved to February 27 from January 23, announced  bids and awards committee chairman and transport assistant secretary Dante Lantin in General Bid Bulletin No. 02-2017.

Another pre-bid conference will also be held on February 14 to accommodate the request of prospective bidders for ocular inspections and to answer their queries.

The airport project, which was announced late last year, attracted 12 bidders during the first pre-bid conference held early January this year. These were BSP Construction Co.; Cavite Ideal International Construction & Development Corp.; C.B. Garay Philwide Builders; D.M. Wenceslao and Associates, Inc.; Emeco; Granby Trading and Construction; Holcim; J.D. Legaspi Construction; MR7 Corp.; San R Mining and Construction Corp., Solar Surveying Corp.; and Tokwing Construction Corp.

At the second pre-bid conference, 13 more prospective bidders attended and these were Wang Hong Construction Corp.; RC Ramos Construction Corp.; Vicente T. Lao Construction; R. R. Encabo Construction, Inc.; Foundation Specialist, Inc.; Northern Builders; Metro Stonerich Corp.; Pacific Concrete Products, Inc.; First Balfour; Prime Asset Ventures, Inc. Consortium; Frey-Fil Corporation; Yakal Construction; and Safrap Construction Co., Inc.

C.B. Garay, Holcim, MR7, San R Mining, and Solar Surveying from the first conference did not attend the second pre-bidding.

DOTr said the Sangley Airport Development Project intends to alleviate overcrowding at the country’s main air hub, Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA), by transferring general aviation operations to Sangley Point in San Antonio, Cavite.

Phase 1 of the project includes rehabilitating the existing 2.4-kilometer runway; constructing the ramp and drainage system; building four hangars with a floor area of 1,600 square meters each; and building an 800-square-meter passenger terminal building with offices, a vehicle parking area, and other facilities.

Earlier, DOTr-attached agency Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines said one of the government’s long-term plans is to transform Sangley Point into a general aviation airport where all non-commercial flights at NAIA will be transferred. In 2013, operations of small planes on food and fish runs were transferred to Sangley.

Image courtesy of etaphop photo at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

You May Also Like

Camahort retiring from LBC Express by Oct.1

Miguel Angel Camahort is retiring as chairman of the Board, president and…

Domestic air freight forwarders process 1.1% more cargo in first half of 2025

Domestic air freight forwarders in the Philippines handled 32.834 million kilograms (kg)…

PPA new policy on standardized tariffs, fees not retroactive

The Philippine Ports Authority’s new policy on the computation of port tariffs…
BOC finds P605M worth of smuggled cigarettes in Bulacan warehouse

BOC finds P605M worth of smuggled cigarettes in Bulacan warehouse

The Bureau of Customs has uncovered approximately P605.29 million worth of imported…